#USOPEN American Broadcasters Needed Year Round in #ATP Commentary

I watch tennis year round. I just started this pass time in the last 9 years or so. I've noticed it before. The USOPEN is a crucible like no other grand slam. American perspective of sports is the only perspective that I have. Being a Lompoc girl football, baseball, high school sports...that's always been the perspective I've had of sport. There aren't many American voices year round in tennis sports casting. The voice of football calling tennis all over the place in New York for two weeks is super different. The year round voices are Brits, South African, Aussies and maybe one American occasionally. I hardly ever hear references to baseball. There are 4 grand slams. Depending on their ranking and the quality of tournaments a player would qualify and how deep they go into a tournament ATP players compete on average in about 20 to 30 tournaments a 11 month season. I doubt it if many of these American broadcasters know that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ATP World Tour Fan...ME...Riding High On the End of Year Results with the #Underdog.

Hologic, Jay Stein, Innovation.